I have a story of obedience and God's provision that took place just last week. 

My hot water heater stopped working last week.  It needed to be replaced and would cost almost exactly the amount I had planned to tithe this month.  Giving that money to God would mean I would go without hot running water until next month probably - that's a LOT of cold showers and when our temperature here is reaching -30 it would be a hugely missed convenience.  I chose to go ahead and give the money to God as I had planned.  The next day I got a call from someone who had a good hot water tank sitting in their basement.  They didn't need it and had removed it so they could install tankless hot water.  Not only were they willing to give me the tank, they were willing to install it for me!  As we were talking we realized it was exactly the same type of tank I already had, only some years newer which meant there would be no "extras" needed to make the new tank work with the existing gas and water lines and chimney vent. Installing it would take no more than a few minutes.

So, in giving God what He asked for, He gave me what I needed.  How cool is that??

Views: 93

Replies to This Discussion

Ha, obedience! Similar thing just happened to me. Check out the recent post on serious-things.com.. Obedience. It can be very humbling...

What an awesome testimony of your obedience and sacrifice to give that money to God instead of thinking of your own needs first! I am humbled! And what an awesome testimony of God's provision to those who are obedient and submitted to Him above all else. 

Thank you for sharing this wonderful testimony! Praise God!

- Andrea

Thank you for your bicycle obedience testimony Joseph!  And the link to the serious things website - I'll be favouriting that one. I love hearing about God's faithfullness to my brothers and sisters.

Joseph said:

Ha, obedience! Similar thing just happened to me. Check out the recent post on serious-things.com.. Obedience. It can be very humbling...

Beautiful testimony, God wants us to trust him and you did by being obeident and tithe.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Keep The Faith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service