There are two things you have to know before I start my story. First, I am currently a high school student. Another thing is the fact that I am not from the U.S.

The story begins in Korea, Seoul, where I was born. I have both of my parents, and my big brother. Unfortunately, my family is not a Christian family. I did hear about Jesus and the stories from Genesis, Exodus, and other biblical stories. I was not particularly a courageous, and bold child. Even though I dearly love my brother, I have to tell you that there were times that my brother could be very mean. (Not anymore) So, I was suppressed by the way he treated me when he was angry.

Anyway, the relationship between God and I starts in the year of 2005. I believe I was in fifth grade. I went to a camp that was at Seattle during my winter break. Since the winter break in Korea was different from the winter break in the U.S., I had to go to a school. The school that I went was a Christian school. At first, I did not care about what the school had to offer me. Interestingly, the proctor for the camp was a radical Christian. For somewhat reason, she wanted me to become a Christian. My first reaction was like this, "Do you want me to become what??? I don't care if you practice your own religion, but do not pull me into this!!" Well, she did not give up talking to me about God. Eventually, I became a Christian and got baptized.

After the camp, I came back to Korea, and went to school until I went to Canada for a year. I still believed in God, but the relationship remained stagnant. After that year, ended up in Maryland. There I went to a school called Montrose Christian School. While I was there, my faith grew a little bit more. A year passed and my mother wanted me to go to a boarding school. My mother did not come to the U.S. with me, so I was with my home-stay family. As my eighth grade went by, I started to applying for the boarding schools that was possible for me to go. All of a sudden, I found myself in a bad situation. My home-stay mother gave me a hard time. Well, I would not go into details but I thought I was in a jail for about a month, until the school found out that the home-stay mom was not being nice to me. While I was at this place, I prayed and prayed. I asked for aid and deliverance from the nasty situation.(Don't mistake me here. The home-stay family was nice the majority of the time. I loved them and I still do.) With school's help, I met my "second" family. The Pilgrims, they became my "second" family. My biological mother's ambitious goal of sending me to a boarding school, however, did not change.

The boarding school during my freshmen year was not cool!!! I did not like it. I did not hate it altogether but the majority of this life was miserable. For the first time, I faced the problems of the real world: drug, gossip, and sex. Though, I believe I found one of my greatest gifts. Singing!!! I have tried out for the school musical and became the lead role for The Little Shop of Horrors. The production was successful. I loved it and I still thank God for the opportunity I had. Before this production, I really did not like singing. I thought singing was absurd and preposterous.

After my first year of high school, I moved back to Maryland where the Pilgrims lived. I went back to Montrose Christian School, but had to move to another school in my junior year due to the my second mom's relationship with the school. (This is another looooong and complex story) Here I am now, with great adventures that God wanted me to have. I believe he chose me as one of his faithful servants.

Thank you for reading!!!

-In His name Ray-

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

Ray, I love your testimony! God is so good and faithful to bring us back to Him. I would love to hear more about how you made your decision to follow Christ after your camp counselor kept on talking about Christ. What was your thought process and how did you finally surrender yourself?

And you know, it's those difficult situations that God allows us to go through to grow us in our faith. If He didn't think we were worthy of the discipline, capable of being more Christlike, He wouldn't bother with us. So you are worthy in His eyes! Praise God!

Do you plan to stay and live in the United States or will you go back and live in South Korea? Have you witnessed to any of your friends or family members?

Thanks for sharing your testimony! I love to see how God works in each of our lives.

Hugs, Andrea

Those are very good questions! Well, I believe I was extremely confused when I was in the camp. I did not know what to think and how to think. The fact the I was only in fifth grade in elementary school did not help. I started questioning the truth of this life. I had no clue what was the right choice. During this period, I firmly believe that Holy Spirit was at work. You see it is quite fascinating to consider that God has chosen me in a young age. I value that moment and I believe it was God's will.

To answer to your second question, I do not know where I will live, but I do have clear goals in my mind. In order for me to achieve those goals in my life, it would be necessary to get into a prestigious college. (My dream school is Carnegie Mellon)

For your last question, I would have to say that I have not witnessed to any of my friends or family. Although, I am going to attempt to form a club in my school. I know I am at a Christian school but that does not necessarily mean that everyone at my school is a Christian. (which is very unfortunate)

Many more years are ahead of me and I do have an ultimate goal that is lofty.

Thanks for reading my testimony!!

-In Christ's honor Ray-

Sweeet Ray ! As a teenager i too struggle with where i need to be at in life . Although we endure hard hard times God is still faithful when we have no faith . God is cool he will  continue to bless your life and show you amazing things! Being a christian is not easy and sometimes i feel broken and useless but thats the beauty of the salvation God gives us thorugh Jesus christ ! i no that i will never be forgotten , just some feelings i wanted to share
God bless Ray !!!

-Shelbs

Thank you Shelby!! I totally agree with you. Things can be harsh and it is easy to give up. I can't imagine me not being a Christian right now. It is great to know that God is always by your side. I am glad that I can share my beliefs in this website.

Thanks again!!

May God bless you too!!! -Ray

These are great comments, and I think you are all awesome, God is Good and right on time.  It is so great to be a friend of God.

ray my prayers are with you. I think your idea to form a group at your school is an excellent idea. When I was young I started a meeting for prayer and bible reading it became a refuge for people who didn't fit in. That was fine. God will use everything in your life to teach encourage and bless those around you! God Bless
In his Service Diane. Luke 9:26

Thank you!! God is good and I am glad that he has chosen me!!

God bless!!

mark stephen miller said:

These are great comments, and I think you are all awesome, God is Good and right on time.  It is so great to be a friend of God.

Thank you for your words!! They do mean a lot. I will continue to follow Jesus' footsteps with my life!!

God Bless!

Diane said:

ray my prayers are with you. I think your idea to form a group at your school is an excellent idea. When I was young I started a meeting for prayer and bible reading it became a refuge for people who didn't fit in. That was fine. God will use everything in your life to teach encourage and bless those around you! God Bless
In his Service Diane. Luke 9:26
Thank you for your testimony Ray. I was an exchange student in Sweden in the year 1983. My first host family was also not ideal. They treated me like a possession and like hired help. When my coordinator found out the situation it changed quickly and Praise The Lord I had already met and fell in love with my friends family from school and thru the awesome provision of God they came to my rescue an applied to be my next host family. It ended up to be such a glimpse of my life. I later in life married and was in a similar situation. My husband at the time was abusive verbally and I ended up feeling like a prisoner over time but once again, thru much guidance of my pastors and church I eventually left the marriage and am now in my forever marriage. A man who loves and cares for me and believed in who I was even before I knew I could be that person. So, yes, God uses situations in our life to lead us later on in life. And to lead others out of similar situations. I am still in the half way point of life but am do glad to know that Jesus led me this far and that Jesus will lead me ALL the way home.

Lastly, my mother did not know Jesus (even now) and my earthly father rarely verbalized his deep faith but it showed through his love and devotion to me and my sister and brother and God used his love to lead us to the heavenly Fathers love. I get the feeling that your parents didn't know God, but God knew you and loved you and purposed you for his Kingdom before the beginnings of time. You ARE loved and were led by your Heavenly Father. There are no accidents. Welcome home.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Keep The Faith.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service