Is it ok to be unhappy with God?  Do you have to be content with all that happens and simply say "I know you have a plan, so I'll accept it."  Is it okay to be upset for a while?

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that God most of all wants us to be transparent with Him. If you are angry with God, be real and tell Him, If you are unhappy or upset, it is healthy to get those feelings out in the open and deal with them. God knows our hearts and the pain inside that nobody else sees. If there is anyone we need to be transparent with and trust that we can, I believe it must start with God Himself. I went through alot of different feelings in 2009 when I was losing my house, and being a single mom with 4 kids to raise on my own for these past 11 years(3 are grown now and 2 are married with kids of their own) I had to surrender all my fear, anger, doubt to God, but first I had to go through the feelings and work through them. In the end, I knew that God is good, He is faithful and has always been faithful to provide for me and would not stop now, it was a test of trust on my part. It is okay to be upset for a while, the key is not to stay there. Just my thoughts from my own experience:)

God can handle us being unhappy with him, but it's in our own best interest to thoughtfully evaluate what we're really angry at.  Most of the time we get angry because of our loss and the perception of whose fault it was.  God is the most powerful, so we think the buck stops with Him.  When we are able to step far enough away from our hurt to see things clearly, we will realize that God is forever at work to reconcile, to heal, to comfort, to salve, and to cultivate a people who exist to do the same.  Without pain and loss in the world, He can't do His work and neither can we.  That's why evil, pain and loss exist. To allow God to love and to create people who love.

I'm sorry for your loss and your pain.  I hope you will recognize that although it may look like God let this pain into your life, in fact, all He desires is that you have and become the absolute best of who He is.   

Hi,

I have made many mistakes, and had many trials in my life. God knows how we feel. Tell him. Remember to honor Him in you replies, in other words, please don't swear or be rude. But, having said that, I believe that God would rather have us talk with Him and tell Him, than to hold it all in, when He knows our thoughts and feelings anyway. In any relationship, including ours with God, you have moments of confusion, hurt and anger. Talk with Him about them, so that He may comfort or lead you out of it. He loves us so!!!

Christopher Blackmon said:

God can handle us being unhappy with him, but it's in our own best interest to thoughtfully evaluate what we're really angry at.  Most of the time we get angry because of our loss and the perception of whose fault it was.  God is the most powerful, so we think the buck stops with Him.  When we are able to step far enough away from our hurt to see things clearly, we will realize that God is forever at work to reconcile, to heal, to comfort, to salve, and to cultivate a people who exist to do the same.  Without pain and loss in the world, He can't do His work and neither can we.  That's why evil, pain and loss exist. To allow God to love and to create people who love.

I'm sorry for your loss and your pain.  I hope you will recognize that although it may look like God let this pain into your life, in fact, all He desires is that you have and become the absolute best of who He is.   

When we release and say to Him how we feel you are allowing Him in to take over what you are feeling and make something out of it. We go through trials to grow stronger in Him and to increase our faith. Imagine if you never had anything go wrong and all was right in your world there would be no need for Him or to call out to Him or faith because everything would be perfect. He loves you He never stopped loving you even when you are angry,sad,confused,hurt etc He is big enough to handle our anger and understand our hurt, He knows it all but by saying it to Him how you feel He can do so much more.

Kris Cole said:

Hi,

I have made many mistakes, and had many trials in my life. God knows how we feel. Tell him. Remember to honor Him in you replies, in other words, please don't swear or be rude. But, having said that, I believe that God would rather have us talk with Him and tell Him, than to hold it all in, when He knows our thoughts and feelings anyway. In any relationship, including ours with God, you have moments of confusion, hurt and anger. Talk with Him about them, so that He may comfort or lead you out of it. He loves us so!!!

Christopher Blackmon said:

I agree with everything said here.  I have gone through sometimes in my life when I had to be real with God.  By that I mean tell Him how you feel.  The biggest time was we lost our 15 year old son in an auto accident, I was so angry.  I could not understand how God could just let this happen.  I almost let that anger consume me.  Our pastor asked several times if I was angry and I lied. I'd say "No I'm not angry, I don't understand it but I'm not angry."  One day I was listening to the radio "Praise You in this Storm" came on. I let it out and told God just how I felt.  I felt like a massive weight was lifted off of me.  He met me right there in my kitchen.  He was with us through every time of losing our son. Amazing stories I can tell about.  One is a passerby stay by our son's side as he passed away. This man is our angel on earth so to speak. The Holy spirit would not let him rest until he came looking for us at our church to let us know he was there and how peaceful our son passed.  This man was also a believer. That was God.  I can see how God loves us. I don't understand.   I know he is there and he loves us.  It is okay to be angry.  We are human and we have feelings.  I too say let God in on your feelings.  He will help you in so many ways.  God works good through evil.  You will grow beyond your imagination. You can be of help to others through God with His strength and power.   I am so sorry for your pain and hurt.  Before I go I'll share what a wonderful friend and pastor told me.  I stated finally that I was angry, his reply "God is big enough for your anger."  He is.  It's ok to be angry for awhile.  Just don't stay there.   I'll be praying for you.                    

RSS

© 2018   Created by Keep The Faith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service